Wednesday, November 26, 2008

W.W.J.E.?

Having trouble with that diet? Missing your weight goal lately? Looking for a meditation motivation? Thinking about that "groaning board" you're setting out tomorrow and putting your gym shoes by the front door?

How's this: "I wonder what God thought it was O.K. to eat." I bet I'd do well paring down my own consumables to match THAT menu more closely,... if only I knew what God Incarnate would have eaten.

Now, when I say "God Incarnate," I'm willing to skip the naughty baby-munching deities of the Greek Pantheon. Just to clarify, I'm thinking in terms of the Judeo-Messianic tradition with which I am more familiar. And even at that, I still must reach out to Nemo Bloggers and ask, "Say, What Would Jesus Eat?" (W.W.J.E.) So, as we wait in joyful hope for the next 4 weeks, here's a health-nutrition challenge to "bite" into: W.W.J.E.?

I have a lot of notions zipping around in my head. You too? I can actually hear you saying in chorus, "Kosher foods." Yes, but what was AVAILABLE in 1st Century Israel? What was typical and staple?

Now, for all the gatherings and dinners and wanderings near fields of grain, and even a wedding and a Passover we've heard about, I only recall one time Jesus actually ate something, and it was grilled fish he cooked for himself. So, for starts, let's say, "I'm inspired to eat more grilled fish during the next 4 weeks." See how this works? If you're a veggan, not so much, but you get the idea.

Now, can you come up with any "sides," other proteins, beverages, and so forth, to round out this concept, W.W.J.E? I hope so! What fun!
Happy Thanksgiving, (now that I've ruined it)!
v

No comments: