Saturday, June 7, 2008

From Gayle in Argentina

Give up your day job, Virginia, and keep writing! Ain't seen an aspartame berry yet, and never hope to cross one while culling our own juicy strawberries and blueberries...And I'd rather go hungry than sell our soy and let the Argentine President claim 44-95% of our gross soy income. Oops, gotta run, the horse-drawn cart has pulled up out front with farm-fresh eggs (adorned with a bit of chicken shit?), crispy lettuce, not-pretty-enough-for-export mandarin oranges, and, alas, the same flannelly tomatoes I used to buy in NY. Be here for dinner at 9 or 10 pm—bring some Malbec, please! Besos, Gayle

Gayle Scroggs, Ph.D.
International Coach and TranslatorSan Nicolas, Buenos Aires, ARGENTINA
tele: + 54+3461+463413 www.essencecoaching.com - Coaching for those who move to be happy or are moved to be happy!
http://romancingargentina.blogspot.com ~ immigrant tales from the land of gauchos, volcano ash, and farm protests
http://positiveexpat.blogspot.com - on how to be happy anywhere

2 comments:

Virginia said...

You are truly an expert friend when it comes to the story of how blueberries get from the field to the mouth. No aspartame in the fields there either?
Besos,
Virginia

Gayle said...

Not yet. Maybe manana???

Meanwhile, how 'bout lunch...I'm about to fix potato leek soup--after I scrub the good Pampa dirt off these locally grown veggies! Care for a dash of ground chili pepper to the homemade cornbread? (No, I did not grind the corn!) Dessert will be homemade chunky strawbery ice cream.

Seriously, moving to Argentina has forced me to fix 90% of my meals from scratch, and I can see the farms where a lot of ingredients are raised. Very few boxes or cans in my pantry! We eat greener and healthier so long as we lay off the cheap filet mignon and cabernet!. As a positive psychologist, you can appreciate how taking "the long cut" has added pleasure & meaning to my day. (I also have to bring the sheets in when it rains, but that's another blog for you.)

Congrats on your new blog, Virginia!